Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!!

I remember Dr. Seuss, and, "The Cat In The Hat"! I remember when my mom, made green eggs, and ham? I remember my imagination running wild, and believing all those magical stories we read as children!

Cudos to public school, for, making the effort to keep our kids a part of that history!I am ashamed to say, I had no idea?

I worry sometimes, I am so absorbed with Social Media, that the cool books and even tv shows; I watched growing up, will be forgotten? Im not even that old, but, I am already starting to forget? I used to run home, from school, not to miss, "Little House on the Prarie"?I remember reading, "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe"! My own daughter, didnt' know who Annie was? My son, never heard about the tv show, Chips? That was cool stuff!!

Today, I am making another goal! I will research and share; a little something about; what my generation liked to read and watch on tv? It can be a new tradition?

I am asking all my readers to help me out! If you grew up in the 70's, send me your favorite tv show,or favorite book! I need to start somewhere?

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I used to love watching the original Battlestar Galactica, Space 1999, Banana Splits, and always re-runs of Star Trek! Saturday mornings, I would get up and watch the Star Trek cartoon(6AM), then the regular gambit including the Super Friends!

    ReplyDelete