Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen the Salad Spinner and the Swifter Wet Jet

What do all these things have in common?

1) They claim to get clean
2) They break when you put too much pressure on them
3) They are a waste of time to deal with

Im not sure why I am blogging tonight? Maybe, because I haven't blogged in a while and am feeling the need to purge? I have met some interesting folks this evening? I have gotten some good laughs, good advice and learned that my cleaning products, wont kill my dog!

As a mother, that doesn't get out of the house much; Social Networking has become my fix! I get to meet new people, and be myself! Someone even called me witty! I think that is the first time i have heard that in my whole life! COOL!

So, as I may have mentioned in an early blog; I have decided to interview for this "job", as the traveling host for MYTV9. The requirements, sound like the letter that my boys soccer team, wrote on my behalf to elect me, "ct coach of the year"? I have never thought of myself as, "self promoting". I think that is why I am having a hard time, wrapping my hands around the concept; that I have always been told Im best at, "selling myself"? Maybe, i just never self promoted on paper,just live in person?

I am going to have to embrace my strengths, and remember why I would be the best fit for this job! People like me! Im relatable, and work hard! I am funny, and now Im witty! Being, enthusiastic, charismatic, and hard working, are the obvious answers! What I need to do, is dig deep, and find the self confidence I had when I was closing the big deals, and top sales producer!

I need to remember, the day I sat in Tiffany and Company cooperate offices and sold myself to the VP! I had an associates degree, my past sales experience was with the Shoreline Times as an ad rep, and I landed the best territory in the region, and became the top producer they had 5 out of the 7 years I worked for them! If I can do that, I can do anything!

I can relate to a CFO at GMAC and the assistant to the President of Yale! I am a stay at home mom, that proved herself to be the "BEST COACH" in the State of CT! I deal with everyday people on a daily basis and have promoted, everyone but me!!I think its my time now, to ask for some help!

You know what, I have nothing to lose! I am going to go for it, and if I don't get it, well it wasn't meant to be?

See if anything else, I can say, "I don't clean, break, and I will never be a waste of your time! Hence the title, although now I think its silly, and I am too tired to change it!

Wish me luck; my fellow, social media network! If you support me, i wont forget you!! I can promise you that! No i am no politician, nor will I ever be!

Good night my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment